End of life care is the medical care rendered to patients who are living their last days as well as patients who have been diagnosed with a terminal disease at an advanced stage. During the later stages when the cancer becomes uncontrollable, cancer treatment and medical testing for patients are often suspended. Since the patient would still be suffering from pain and other symptoms, he or she requires medical care in the form of medications and treatments. Some patients would prefer to go to a hospital or hospice while others would prefer the comforts of home. When people know that they are dying soon, they need all the support and assistance available. End of life care can help to make the last days more tolerable and less painful. Check out these links to find the best life care resources.
1. AAHPM: The official site of the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine with journal and lots of other information.
2. Before I Die: The website provides real life stories, issues and programs related to end of life care.
3. EPERC: The End of Life/Palliative Education Resource Center provides training, facts, education materials, links, and more.
4. IAHPC: The International Association for Hospice & Palliative Care offers publications, resources, international directories, and so on.
5. ABCD-CARING: Americans for Better Care of the Dying is an organization dedicated to improving the quality of end of life care.
6. HFA: The Hospice Foundation of America offers information on end of life care, grief, HFA products, professional education, and more.
7. NPCRC: The National Palliative Care Research Center provides information on grants programs, grantees, and resources.
8. Aging with Dignity: The non-profit organization offers support and resources for the elderly.
9. US Living Will Registry: Come and register your will here before it’s too late.
10. Faith in Action: The organization provides voluntary end of life care for the elderly and terminally ill.
11. HPNA: The Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association is dedicated to providing the best hospice and palliative nursing care.
12. Innovations in End of Life Care: The site provides a searchable archive of materials on developments in palliative care.
13. Children’s Hospice International: The organization is committed to offering the best hospice care for children.
14. NCSS: The National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship offers resources and support for cancer survivors.
15. Cancer Family Care: The organization provides support for cancer patients and their family.
16. Growth House: The website provides a wealth of materials on end of life care, hospice care, and palliative medicine.
17. Questions & Answers: The National Cancer Institute offers answers to questions about end of life care for cancer patients.
18. NHPCO: The National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization offers professional resources, and information about end of life care.
19. AMA Policy: Come here to read the American Medical Association’s policy on end of life care.
20. End of Life Care: The page provides excellent information on end of life care for cancer patients.